If you’re working with large data or complex queries that take a long time refresh, cancelling one of those refreshes can even take longer time, especially, if the query has run for quite some time already.
Luckily, there is an easy trick to cancel refresh without loosing the work you’ve done already:
- Open the task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del -> select Task Manager or rightclick the NavBar )
- Select (one of) the “Microsoft Mashup Evaluation Containers” with a high CPU-usage (below the main process!)
- Right-click mouse and choose “End task”.
- A pop-up-message like this will appear – just click cancel (and don’t click “Report this issue” !!):
- Another scary message might appear as well – just click close:
- There might also be a message that other refreshes are currently running and if you want to cancel them as well – choose cancel.
That’s all: All the changes you’ve made in the query editor and forgot to save before refreshing will be kept and you can continue your work from here.
Enjoy & stay queryious 😉